Monday, February 2, 2009

Recording

Speaking of recording, here we are sitting atop my Mom's gigantic record player. Every night we'd put a record on and run around the house with as few clothes on as possible. Our favorite records were; Electric Horseman, Star Wars, Kenny and Dolly and The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders training record. Those were the days:)
Cal and I spent the weekend laying down some tracks of the new songs Cal has been working on all year. My Sun Valley Caroler director Derek Furch helped us knock out as many songs in a day and three hours as was possible:) They are rough tracks; play it through, if it's good keep it and move on, just to get the songs on a recording that works to market to taxi and serve as a scratch track for when we take some serious studio time. We recorded 10 songs in 17 hours. Cal did all the guitar tracks and leads and I added harmony. Cal is the better guitar player so to save time he did all the guitar parts and I let him use my new Taylor guitar. It sounded AWESOME! So rich and full. At times they had to stop and clean up because of all the harmonic overtones carrying over. I can't wait to use this guitar in our live shows this year. Cal laid down some lead tracks with his new fender and they sounded sweet. It has a nice mellow tone and even in the basement studio setting we're really happy with the way it worked out.


For now, the only place to hear our new songs is on taxi, (or my mothers kitchen) where we're working to sell some songs to fund our music careers:) In the meantime, our finished CD is available on CDBABY. We hope to put out another album in the next year or so. Cal's songs just get better and better, and I even made a contribution to one. Go figure, maybe there is hope for me after all:)


As a side note, sometimes the $35 bargain motel room is not worth the $35. I now know more about the seedy side of 12th and Washington in Ogden than I ever wanted. It's great to be home:)

2 comments:

Taylor Guitars said...

What model Taylor did you use for the recording? I am happy to hear that it sounded awesome! The best of luck to your music!

Teddy said...

310~CE I have an entire post dedicated to this guitar:) If you would like to hear Taylor in action I can e-mail you our scratch track. It's rough, but the tone is still so choice.