Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trail Center Show

The Trail Center Show in Montepelier went fantastic. Cal and I had worked hard and to ensure there was someone there to witness it, Mom and Dad called up some friends and loaded them up for a night in Idaho. The Allinger Theatre inside the Trail Center is a hundred seat facility with great sound and an intimate feel. We loved playing a 90minute show there and really appreciate all the work Jodi and Rick did to make sure everything went well. We LOVE having a sound check and the show ran perfectly.
We started out the night with an electric set and Cal broke in his new Tele. It's a beautiful little guitar with the versitility we need to be MELLOW at times. I've been an acoustic purist, but Cal's work with this particular guitar is winning me over. I played my Taylor of course, and although I'm not used to hearing so much sound ring through, I love the fullness it lends. I've finally built up some decent calluses and I swear by Arnica Salve to get through long practice sessions with carpal tunnel:)
Thanks to everyone who supports us, and if you didn't make it to this show, we hope to see you later this summer. We have a small show in town for a church group and then we're booked for Big Piney/Pinedale and Preston and the Fair Showcase in Montana. We'll update the site with new bookings as they come.

No comments: