Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Day Jobs

Cal and I have wisely kept our day jobs:) Here are a few pictures of life and work at Dana Cold Storage during our busiest time of year, the fall hunt
Cal is a perfectionist when it comes to music and meat:) Ty is our skinner this year and somehow keeps a smile on his face
Brandy is in charge of the office and her face is most likely the one you'll first and last when you come in to the shop

Rosie and Nancy wrap, sing Christmas songs Sept~Jan, and so much more:) Heidi is in charge of all things related to Jerky. She is Tristan's Mom and has raised an amazing family and continues to work her tail off year after year.
This is my husband Del, he's the man behind the scenes helping me do what I need to for my performances. He works at the mine and also helps out in the Fall at the plant.
As you can see, we start them young in our family. Tom can cut burger scraps, sharpen his own knife, wash up, sweep and entertain the hunters with his conversation when the wait gets long.
Since having Tom I've been a part time Jerky cutter in the fall. I have made friends with the old biro band saw.
The work is hard, but I think any job that teaches you something and gives you the opportunity to earn money for your family is a worthwhile endeavor. I'm grateful to have a job and to be able to work.

I'm even more grateful for the music that renews our spirits and gives us a chance to share what we have in our hearts. Cheesy but true:)

No comments: