Monday, April 20, 2009

Teddy and Brandi Carlile

*PUSH PLAY*
Doesn't that title sound great? Too bad I was just one of the many in SLC at THE STATE ROOM at her concert this weekend. I'm glad it was an intimate venue though, I was able to get about five feet from the stage and check out the guitars. Cal asked what equipment she was running, but I didn't think to look. Shows where my focus was:) I have to say, Brandi's show was FANTASTIC! My favorite things about it were;

~How professional they were

~They all sang IN TUNE! (I know, it's rare these days)

~The rapport with the audience was comfortable and relaxed

~They played some cool guitars

~I loved all the songs, I knew them all, and they were just as good live as on the album, sometimes better.

~Last but not least, the tickets were a steal at $35!


I can't wait to see her again, it's so great to see a performer that isn't tossing herself around on stage at the expense of the music. How refreshing!
I have to say, if I could trade my voice for someone elses, I think I'd want Brandi's. She has the push and edge that fail me. I think it's probably a polar opposite of mine, but that won't stop me from covering "The Story" this weekend at the Allinger Theatre. Wish me luck;)

No comments: