Thursday, February 18, 2010

All That Jazz


Although Classic Country and Folk music is what Cal and I most often play together, we both are involved in other projects that couldn't be further from George Strait and John Denver. Every so often Cal will head on down to the Coffee Cabin and bend his mind around some serious Jazz Chords and I just got back from one of my favorite gigs singing Jazz standards in the Lodge Dining Room in Sun Valley for Valentines Day. I love that music can always be evolving and as it does, so do we. It makes us better musicians to have such diverse music and performances in our lives. When we sit down to play together again there is a new feeling in our music that comes from venturing out into other genres. I also found that some of the songs in our set list lend themselves to the Jazz lovin' crowd as well. "You Belong To Me" was a hit with the Valentines Couples in Sun Valley and Cal has worked up a cool version of "Summertime" and I'm sure we'll be adding it to our sets this year. Hope your Valentines Day was full of great music and loved ones to share it with :-)

No comments: