Saturday, May 22, 2010

Thanks And Update!


The dance was a success! We came out fifty bucks ahead in the end and had a great night! I for one learned something about myself; each and everytime I open my mouth something comes out of it that never crossed my mind before. Thanks Cal for letting me talk so much while you switch guitars. This little glitch will be fixed when we have our own guitar slinger to tune and hand over our guitars :-) That's a dream to tack to the bathroom mirror.


I love the fact that there are people in our little valley willing to leave their cozy cabins and come out for a night and spend it with us. We even had friends in from Idaho and Utah. Hopefully we'll be able to squeeze in a couple more summer dances before snow hits us again.


Right now Cal has been holed up in Mum's basement working on our album. I get thrown in there to harmonize and pretend to be helpful in the process. Usually we have divergent views on, well, most things, so it can get interesting when 'sister' offers helpful opinions to 'brother'. This new album is very true to our sound right now. My favorite so far is "The Boat Song".


Pictures of the "Studio" will be up soon :-)


p.s. Thanks George and Ruth for the monetary donation to our craft! It is greatly appreciated.

No comments: