Thursday, November 18, 2010

Upcoming Shows Nov. and Dec.

Tomorrow Teddy will be singing at the Afton Senior Center, by herself! I know, scarey ;-) It will be interesting to sit down with my guitar and play these songs I've been doing with Cal or the Band all by my lonesome. You can catch me there at 12:00pm.


Thanksgiving weekend Cal and I will be playing at the Hayloft, so pry your bellies off the couch and come in, take a load off and listen to something besides a ball game or fighting siblings (not that we know anything about that ;-) Seriously, live music is an important part of our society and rural culture and people in this Valley are doing a great job of supporting the arts so we hope you'll take advantage of it.


Speaking of live music. This picture captures such a funny moment at RMAF. This is John Dunnigan, musician extrodinaire at the end of a very long jam. He is so gracious to play with singers and pickers of every level and Eric, who is his own one man band sat in to play an original song or two. Into the song he needed some audience participation and he turned to John and demanded John to Yodel. We found it so funny that I about fell off my chair, and Eric continued to coerce John into Yodeling on demand when the song required. . . . . way to go above and beyond John :-) Talking to John later he asked "So Cal, does your sister drink?" and it's all thanks to Eric and his one man band :-) Who needs alcohol when you have comic relief like this?

No comments: