Friday, November 22, 2013

RMAF Casper Wyoming

 This year, for the first time since I was 16 years old, I went to the Rocky Mountain Association of Fairs Convention as a guest instead of an entertainer.  It was enlightening to be on the other side of the great divide between performers and fair buyers.  I loved being able to visit friends and enjoy being "hosted" by them and see all their talents.  I hated that I couldn't hire all of them myself and bring them to our beautiful valley this year for my personal entertainment :-)  If wishes were fishes.  Anyway, we had a gorgeous drive, both ways despite the wind and weather that literally blew us home.  I have to say I felt so loved and welcomed and supported this year and it was so appreciated.  We love our RMAF family. 
 These photos are from Star Valley to Casper, mostly up Togwotee and on to Dubois. 

 We found a herd of Big Horn Sheep in Dubois and I was wishing for a long lens camera. 


 This ornery looking fellow didn't move when we stopped on the side of the road to get a good shot, again, lesson to me, bring the good camera next time. 

 This year there were some awesome new unusual entertainers.  Intricate balloon art anyone? 

 We love these dear friends.  Once a year is not enough. 

On the way home we ran across a Christmas tree in the wilderness, which is a perfect reminder of what Cal and Me are working on right now.  A new Christmas album and the Christmas with the Linfords concert November 30th. 

No comments: